Gnome Shell Theme created with my visualization of wooden textures. I still remember the nostalgia of using wood textured gtk themes and icons in gtk2 days...
1. Gnome3.2 / gnome-shell
2. MGSE (optional)
3. Cinnamon 1.2
Extract the zip file and save the folder in ~/.themes and choose using gnome-tweak-tool.
for cinnamon, once you log on to cinnamon session, go to overview (as we do in gnome shell session) and choose the theme wood n tux shown from the app grid of themes.
1. I ve used TUX as the activity button, Alternatively if ubuntu users feel that an ubuntu logo will look better, you can edit the gnome-shell.css file, search for act1.svg. replace that with act3.svg and similarly replace act2.svg with act4.svg.
save file and restart shell.
2. If you need a straight panel without the curve, edit the gnome-shell.css file.
search for panel-curved.svg and replace it with panel.svg. save and restart shell.
3. After coloring the iconset to 10-55-99, i customized that particualr colored set using the customization script with classy > card board option for the folder icons. This is my suggestion, Awoken icon set is so versatile that you can customize it after coloring it to suit the gtk theme that you are using....
kudos to champ alecieve for his amazing creation !
4. i came across another beautiful piece of art in this wallpaper by guillendesign which you can find here => [link]
its just awesome ! fits perfect with this theme IMO
1. ICONS: AWOKEN colorized to 10-55-99 to go with the wooden panel. For those who are yet to experience the beauty of Awoken Icons, you can find it here => [link]
2. GTK3: Ambiance-Light, which you can find it here => [link]
3. Wallpaper by aktarus [link]
a. Replaced popup and modal dialogue background from gradient to texture (updated preview image).
changed the background of run dialogue and policykit to wood textures.
changed the search window background and app-filter background from gradient to wood textures; modified the bottom panel to match the top panel shade; modified the panel selector background texture to give the wood effect in a better way.
Updated the preview image (image 2 and 3)
Added Cinnamon session compatibility (bottom right image of the preview)
for those who have not experienced the user friendliness of the cinnamon session (a fork of gnome-shell) kindly follow this link => [link]
Updated to Cinnamon 1.2 version.
i have used gnomish biege gtk3 theme with awoken icons colorized to 10-55-99. gtk3 theme by tsujan can be found here => [link]
thank you for visiting this page for a preview / download. your comments / suggestions will go a long way to improve myself.